Adobe Indesign free is publishing software that was developed by Adobe Systems in 1999. It is used in the creation of flyers, magazines, books, presentations, eBooks, newspapers, and so on. This makes it easy to design elements and manage them while delivering them in any format. It is used by marketers, graphic designers, artists, and also publishers. A user can purchase it alone or as a part of the Creative Cloud application.
Adobe Indesign free is the leading page design software for print media. Its current version is Indesign CC 2020. It can be used with any Creative Cloud app like Photoshop or illustrator and also on its own. Indesign cannot be used to create images and illustrations rather it can only arrange text and images built with other software into layouts. It provides necessary tools that will be useful when designing and creating layouts that can be used for any type of media. In other words, it provides its users with a simple and easy way to create professional content that can be published in print or on websites. Some of the features of Indesign are:
Features of Adobe Indesign free trial
- Layouts: With Indesign free, you can create the same documents in different page sizes. It has many alternate layouts and also templates that make it easy and also very fast.
- Interactivity: With the new version of Indesign you can design forms and also export to Portable Document Format without processing them.
- Productivity: It is very efficient to use and it also adds value to its designs.
- Sharing: Users of Indesign free trial can now save their works to the cloud. This allows them to share their works with others.
- Synchronization: Saving to the cloud gives its subscribers the opportunity to access their works anywhere and on any computer.
Uses of Adobe Indesign
- It lets its users create beautiful graphic designs. This they can do while using stylish typography.
- Also useful in designing flyers, posters, magazines, reports, books and so on.
- Subscribers of Indesign free trial can search for fonts easily and faster.
- It is mostly useful for Graphic designers when creating layouts of posters, brochures, and so on.
- You can edit and also add basic effects to photos using Indesign free trial.
Will Indesign free version work on my System?
For any software to work effectively and efficiently on a computer system, there are basic requirements that the computer must meet. Some of the requirements for Indesign free are:
- Operating System: Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Processor: Intel, Pentium
- RAM: 4 to 16 GB
- Available space:6GB
- Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Operating System: macOS version 10.12 or macOS version 10.13
- Processor: Multicore Intel
- RAM: 4 GB to 16 GB
- Available space:5 GB
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Whether you are using Windows or Mac, a stable internet connection is necessary for downloading Indesign free and also to complete the installation process.
Adobe Indesign various versions
Newer versions of Indesign can open files of the older version but this might not be true in all cases though. There have been lots of versions but I will mention a few. Some versions of Indesign are;
- Indesign 13.0.1 : 2017
- Indesign 13.1 1 and 13.2: 2018
- Indesign 14.0.1: 2018
- Indesign 14.0.2: 2019 (April)
- Indesign 126.96.36.1993: 2019 (September) and finally,
- Indesign 15.0: 2019 (November)
How much can I purchase Indesign
If you decide to use Indesign forever, you need to subscribe to it by choosing a payment plan. The pricings for Indesign are as follows;
- Individuals: $20.99 per month.
- Business: $33.99 per month.
- Students and Teachers: $19.99 per month.
How to download Indesign free version
Now, to discuss the main purpose of this post. Every application in the Creative Cloud has a 7 days trial before its users are expected to pay for it. Since Indesign is also an application under the Creative Cloud, it has a 7-days trial process. To download the trial version, follow the tips below.
Tips to download Indesign free
- Visit Adobe’s website.
- Enter your email into the appropriate box and click on continue.
- The next interface is the payment page. So, enter every detail on that page and click “start free trial”.
- The Indesign free trial version will start downloading. Look at the bottom left of your computer, you will see the file.
- Once it finishes, double click on the file and open it.
- Run it on your computer system
- The installation process will take a few minutes.
- Once it is over, search for the Indesign app on your computer and open it so that you can start using it.
Never forget to cancel your payment if you do not want to continue paying for the software once your trial period expires.
Now that you have downloaded the Adobe Indesign free on your system, you can start designing and creating layouts. If you want to be certified in Indesign or you want to also challenge yourself, American Graphics Institute has an online test you can register for and also partake in. Let me know how useful the above tips were. Good luck!