If you are one of those who desire to learn but was able to do so earlier, or you wanted to learn but do not want to seat in a classroom or go to real a real school then pay attention to this post. Because we are bringing to you an online service that could transform your life and give you the knowledge that you need. Out of many educational service providers out there, Coursera is among the best today and our post will center on Coursera free trial.
What is Coursera?
Coursera is an online learning portal with a vision for a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life by getting access to the best learning experience in the world. Also, highly-rated instructors from the world’s best universities and educational institutions, teach all the courses there.
Just like on Lynda free trial subscription, the courses contain recorded video lectures, auto-graded and peer-reviewed assignments, and community discussion forums. You can learn a new skill from 4 to 6 months and change your life with ease. Furthermore, when you finish a course, you will get a digital Course Certificate which you share online. At Coursera, you can get Online accredited Degrees from University recognized degree partners and get true career advancement. Furthermore, you can complete an online degree program in business, computer science, and data science and even earn an accredited Master’s degree in 1-3 years of study. Let us explore how to get Coursera free trial courses.
Coursera free trial courses: how to get started
At the start of your first subscription on Coursera, it will begin with a 7-day free trial, so that you test any course you like for free. However, on the 8th day, your free trial will automatically change to a paid subscription unless you cancel the free trial. One of the benefits you get from a free trial is that it allows you to see and complete all course content. To test this claim, you can start a course as soon as your free trial starts. Please note that you can only get one free trial per field or catalog subscription.
Free trials subscriptions
To begin a free trial:
- Create an account at Coursera https://www.coursera.org/ Give them your full name, email, and password. You can also signup with Facebook and click Join free or sign up with your organization too.
- Next, Log into your Coursera account
- And then go to the page for the Specialization you like and wish to try
- Next, Click Enroll
- Finally, you can click Start Free Trial
The Benefits of Coursera free courses
- They include being able to see content for, and complete assignments in, most courses in that Specialization or areas you have selected to study.
- However, if the Specialization includes a Capstone project, you will not be able to see content for that Capstone course. (it means applying the knowledge you got. an example is writing a research paper)
- You are not eligible to get any Financial Aid. So, do not apply for one, if you do it will be canceled
What Cousera needs from you to start a free trial
To begin a free trial, you must supply credit card information. They will charge this card for the first month of the subscription after the free trial expires (8 days after you begin the free trial) unless you cancel your subscription.
Kindly note that the payment processor will charge your credit card to test the validity of the card and, the information which you supplied to start your Coursera free trial subscription. So, you might see a debit of $0 or $1 purely to test your power to authorize a charge on the card. This is usually reversed automatically on the same day.
After Free trial Your Payments is Automatic
You should be aware that your Coursera free trial subscription will change to a paid subscription on the 8th day after you begin your trial. It is automatic.
So to avoid being billed after your free trial ends, you need to cancel the free trial before it expires. Your free trials will end on the 7th day after you start your trial. So, on the 8th day, their payment processor will bill your credit card for the first month of the subscription.
Will you get a refund after the free trials End?
Do your best to cancel your free trial to avoid paying for a paid subscription after the 8th day. If that happens you will not receive a refund for that payment. So, if after that first month, you don’t want to make any more payments, you can cancel your subscription.
Cancelling Coursera trial subscription
If you wish to cancel your free trial follow these steps:
- First, log into your Coursera account
- Next, Open your “My Purchases” page
- And, Click the Manage Subscriptions tab
- The tab is Next to the free trial that you want to cancel, and click on “Would you like to cancel?”
- Finally, Click Cancel subscription
What happens to Your 7 days Subscription After you cancel the Coursera free trial courses
- You will still enjoy access to the Course area or Specialization for the 7 days of the free trial
- After 7 days of your free trial, you will stop seeing course materials
In conclusion, you learned about the Coursera free trial courses and how to get started. You need to open an account, supply your credit card details before you can gain access to the 7 days free trial. Furthermore, you should cancel the free trial before it ends, else you will get a bill for the first subscription.