In this post, you will learn how to get Dynamics 365 trial version for free. Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a marketing application hosted in the Clouds that runs on a Microsoft 365 tenant. Furthermore, If you have Microsoft 365 or Azure AD (Azure Active Directory) then you are already a managed tenant. Also, it is your tenant that will host all your Cloud applications such as getting a user and managing the license and so on. In addition, your tenant also hosts Office 365 and Dynamics 365.
In addition, the processes for getting a Dynamics 365 trial depends on whether you have a managed tenant, an unmanaged tenant or you are not a tenant at all. A managed tenant means that you already have Azure AD (Azure Active Directory). Furthermore, if your company has never used any Microsoft services or used only a trial tenant, then you have to first, create a managed trial tenant.
How to get Dynamics 365 free trial
Select one of the following and take action to start the steps for getting Dynamics 365 app.
- So, if you have a managed tenant, go-ahead to install the Dynamics 365 for Marketing trial by asking for it. When you install the app the set up will install the free trial version and configure marketing to run too. To get the setup software, start from step 2 of this page which is to Install the dynamics 365 for Marketing trial on your tenant to continue.
- But if you don’t have an Office 365 tenant, then you must get Office 365 trial. When you install it, it will automatically create its own managed tenant. Microsoft recommends that you get the Microsoft 365 E3 trial. Simply head to products.office.com/business/office-365-enterprise-e3-business-software. Note, you can also choose to buy office 365 instead of using a free trial. Whatever choice you make, when your trial tenant is ready to go to Step 2. Step 2: Install the Dynamics 365 for Marketing trial on your tenant.
- However, if you have an unmanaged tenant and would like to continue to use it, then you must first change to a managed tenant. See the process at Taking over an unmanaged directory as administrator in Azure Active Directory. After that you can do Step 2: Install the Dynamics 365 for Marketing trial on your tenant. Note that you will get Error if you choose to do otherwise and Marketing will not set up correctly.
Steps for getting Microsoft Dynamics free version
- Make sure you have a managed tenant before you begin this step to get Dynamics 365 trial.
- Visit the page titled Get started with Dynamics 365 for Marketing and choose the link that says signup for a free trial.
- Type in your email address, plus phone number in the fields provided and choose “Get Started”. Note: Ensure you use the same email address that you usually use to sign in to the tenant where you will install the Marketing trial. Also, you can use the email they created for you if you set up a trial tenant.
- The website must recognize your email address because it belongs to an existing tenant account. Assuming you have not signed in already, then select Sign in and obey the information on your screen to sign in.
- After signing in, you will see some disclaimer text and contact options. Read the information and choose the options you desire. After that choose “Create” to start setting up the trial.
- Next, give permission the new app needs on your tenant. Study the information and if you agree with the terms, Tick the box “Consent on behalf of your organization” and then pick “Accept”
- The next page has a second permissions page will open. So, Study the information and if you agree with the terms, Tick the box “Consent on behalf of your organization” and then choose” Accept”.
- The third page now opens, and requests for more consent permissions and the physical address of your organization. As usual, agree to the terms and click the boxes as required and then give your office address.
- And Choose “Get started” to begin the Dynamics 365 trial set up.
- When the trial set up is complete, select “Begin”, to use the app.
- When you launch the app, a page opens to show you “Get started with Dynamics 365 Marketing”. The page gives shortcuts to numerous key features, highlights new features, and gives you the links to featured help topics.
After setting up a Marketing trial, Microsoft will assign a Marketing license to the Account that you used to set up the Dynamics 365 trial. Also, you can add more users to a trial.
In this article, we showed you how to get Dynamics 365 free trial. You learned that you need to be a managed tenant before the Dynamics 365 app will set up properly. Kindly share your experience by commenting to this post.