If you are an avid user of Windows Operating System, you have no doubt asked yourself “if Windows 10 is free?” Well, it is not. However, there is a trial version of Windows Free and it lasts for 90 days. Windows 10 is a family of computer OS which is Windows NT created by Microsoft on the 27th of July, 1993. It is a multi-processing and user Operating System.
Windows 10 free was released in 2015 as a more upgraded version of Windows. Its trial version is available on Microsoft’s official website. Windows is the most popular computer Operating System because it comes pre-installed in a computer system. It is mostly used by personal computer users.
To take a look at some unique features of Windows10:
7 Features of Windows 10
- Action menu: You can look at all your notifications in one place. You can also change your display brightness and contrast using this feature.
- Start menu: Two panels will pop up your screen when you click on the start menu at the bottom left on your computer screen. The left panels show pinned and most recent applications.
- Control panel: Ability to manage your device from one particular place rather than looking for another menu to make changes you want to.
- Cortana: The digital assistant will make your life easier; you can communicate with your laptop without lifting a finger. You will also be able to perform two tasks at the same time on your computer.
- Continuum: It is easy to switch between different modes with Windows 10. The system will switch mode for better interaction.
- Multitasking: The new window 10 feature helps you to manage multiple of open windows and apps at the same time.
- Xbox: Downloading Windows 10 free supports the streaming of Xbox games with improved graphics and speed.
Advantages of downloading Windows 10
What will I benefit from downloading Windows 10 free? It has so many advantages over the other OS m that Microsoft has developed. Well, I will list some advantages of choosing Windows 10.
- Any computer with Windows 10 free is faster than one with an older version of Windows.
- You will be able to enjoy security improvements and regular updates if you download it.
- It has wonderful virus protection. The BitLocker program will automatically encrypt your files if malicious programs find a way to your system.
- You will have full control when you open your computer system. You can decide what happens automatically when you turn on your computer.
- The graphics of Windows 10 is much more improved.
Recommended System Requirements
To purchase Windows 10 or upgrade your system, your computer must have some requirements. If your PC does not have the following requirements, Windows 10 free trial might not work effectively on it:
- Processor: 1GHz or faster
- RAM: 1GB (32 bit) 2GB (64 bit)
- Hard disk: 16GB (32-BIT Operating system), 32GB (64-BIT Operating System)
- Resolution: 800 x 600
- It requires an internet connection and a Microsoft account.
Pricings of Windows 10
A copy of Windows 10 Home is $119 while Windows 10 pro is $199. Upgrading from the Home edition to the Pro edition costs $99. It is available on the official website of Microsoft or you can also purchase the DVD in retail stores.
How to download Windows 10 free trial
The Windows free trial lasts for 90-days. To get Windows 10 free, follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to the Microsoft Evaluation Center. Sign in to your Microsoft account. There are two versions of Windows 10 (Enterprise and LTSC). Choose the Enterprise edition and click continue.
- Enter your name, address, email, phone number, and every other information.
- After clicking continue, also choose the version of Windows 10 free you want. But it is advisable to pick the one of 64-bit. Also, select the language you prefer.
- Click download to install the file for the Windows 10 free.
- After downloading, the next step is installation. Boot up the computer system to get it ready for installation.
- Once the first setup screen pops up, confirm language and settings. Click Next.
- Click the “install now button”. Then accept the terms of the agreement.
- Choose the type of installation you want. Click the second option which us custom. (advanced)
- Decide where the installation will be. Choose where you want it installed.
- Click next and Windows 10 free installation will begin.
- Lastly, you can now set up and customize Windows10 on your computer system.
Finally, your Windows 10 free trial has started. Windows 10 is still the best OS for anyone seeking for a Windows upgrade. It comes with so many unique features and functionalities.
- Windows 10 Free Trial Download (Step By Step Guide)
- How to Get Final Cut Pro free download for Windows & Mac